
Her reasoning, which is very sound really, went something like this, "Mom, I have to wear green so I don't get pinched, and I want to wear red so I'll get kisses. So this what I'm going wear." Believe me, I didn't pick this out. I would have tried to find something with red and green that looked somewhat decent together, if that's possible--maybe talked her into pink and green. I guess it's all my fault. This is what I get for explaining to my incredibly precocious child the silly traditions of what has become such a hedonistic celebration (hard to believe it started out as a religious holiday to honor a saint--interesting reading, by the way). Good thing I didn't tell her about drinking green beer. . . .
6 comments:
That is so funny! What a cute girl Jensen is.
I have to admit, I saw this outfit this morning and thought, "hum...I bet JeNeale had to leave early and Brent got Jensie dressed." (SORRY BRENT!)
But, then I realized when I was required to re-pick out Audrey's clothes so that she had green and red and pink (she got the pink message) that she knows more about St. Patrick's Day than I do! (Red=kisses?!?!?)
She looks pretty cute to me!! Hope she gets lots of kisses!!!
Note to self: STOP wearing my red shirt with my camo pants.
Duh, Marisa. Where have you been? Many of us used to "forget" and wear something red on the green day. Never worked, but we tried.
How many of you had corned beef and cabbage for the luvlee St. Patty's Day? We did and it was SO good.
B-E-A-yootiful! (I haven't seen this movie but I like the quote.) Someone on an airplane recently told me that St. Patrick wasn't even Irish! However, this same man also told me the HBO show "Big Love" about a Mormon polygamist is a great show so I have serious doubts about his mental acuity. (I tried to explain to him that it's currently impossible to be both a Mormon in good standing and a polygamist but he would have none of it.)
Don't tell me--you didn't pick that out for her. You are a good mom to let her be independent and I happen to know that you were even seen in public with her dressed that way. Double kudos!
Post a Comment